Monday, March 5, 2012

Cravings

I am lucky enough to say that I have not had too many crazy cravings throughout my pregnancy. I have, however, had an increased need for sweets and sugar - all the naughty foods I should not be eating! Example: soda pop. Now, I have never been a big pop drinker. The effects of caffeine do nothing for me and really it just makes me feel crappy after drinking it. Well, now that I'm pregnant, my craving trumpet is blaring a different tune! Pop is all I want! I walk by a pop machine and I'm instantly craving a nice cold Dr. Pepper, Coke, Root Beer.....heck, I don't even care! I drive by a fast food restaurant and I have to give it my all to not turn in for a quick drink on my way home. Thankfully, because I have no will power in giving in to such cravings, lent was just around the saving corner. So, now I have 40 days to quit a habit that was never truly formed since pregnancy is not the best time to become addicted to such a bubbly and delicious thirst quencher.
So, instead, I'll stick to my tried and true.


Vanilla ice cream whipped up with Hershey's chocolate syrup. Every night.
That's better than pop, right? I'll continue to tell myself that.

No comments:

Post a Comment