Monday, December 12, 2011

Check and check

Just when I thought that I had every possible pregnancy symptom in the book, I was unpleasently surprised last night when I noticed another difference in my everyday life. As I tried several attempts to relieve my back again morning sickness (note post above), I noticed that all the foods I was eating tasted funny: strawberry toast, melba toast crackers, even pears! Everything tasted bitter and just plain "wrong". I couldn't finish anything I started after the first bite. So, as you all can guess - I googled it. Turns out, I had missed this common symptom from whattoexpect.com, called dysgeusia. Dysgueusia is described as having a change in taste buds and an occurring metallic-like taste in the mouth. Although I do not have an occurring metallic-taste in my mouth (thank goodness), food does not taste the same. So to add to my list of occuring pregnancy symptoms:

1. Morning Sickness - (All day) nausea
2. Food cravings/Food aversions
3. Lack of sleep/Fatigue
4. Restless leg
5. Dizziness
6. Headaches
7. Dysgueusia
8. You get the picture and I choose to spare you from the more embarrassing ones (hey, I am pregnant!)

Now, for an even more exciting bonus, here is a list of foods and smells in which I may never be able to view the same again:

1. Pears and cottage cheese
2. Chicken Noodle Soup
3. Saltines
4. Gingerale/Sprite/7up
5. Peaches
6. Soups from panera
7. Dial body lotion
8. Saltines (yes, twice)
9. BBQ beef from the crockpot

Yes, I am sure these thing will change and subside over time, but that time can't get here soon enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment