Week 9: This last Friday was our first OB appointment. We have been fortunate enough to get in to see the doctor we originally wanted when we thought they wouldn't take our insurance. Come to find out, they have recently contracted with BlueCross BlueShield and we are now in the clear! Meeting with our doctor went well, although she is also pregnant (16 weeks) which leaves me with concerns, but for now we'll see how things play out. Chris was able to make the appointment, which was great, although awkward during examination time!!! In the end, everything looked good and my doctor was able to write me 2 prescriptions for my nausea! I was so excited I was practically skipping to my car from the doctor's office! We are set for our next appointment in 4 weeks and another ultrasound at the 12 week mark to take a double look at a solid mass on my right ovary which the ultrasound lady didn't tell me about (apparently she's not allowed to). Good news is that whatever it may be will not affect the baby. More news to follow.
Our baby bean is now a fetus!!! Baby has ended the embryonic stage and is starting the fetal stage, where he/she now has all the organs and body parts of a human being (no more tadpole tail!). Of course these organs and body parts are in the early stages and need plenty of fine tuning over the next few months. Bean is now 1 inch long which is about the size of a grape and is weighing only a fracture of an ounce. Of course I'm not anywhere close to showing yet, but I will admit that sweats are my new best friend as my jeans have begun to add pressure to my belly. Imagine you've finished your latest Thankgiving meal: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, cranberries, sweet potato casserole, and a piece of pumpkin pie with a side of jello and whipped cream . You know the feeling. The feeling directly after where you can't move from your chair and you unbutton your pants just to breathe. You're uncomfortable, sleepy, and have a belly ache. Welcome to my life. Although, without the luxury of actually eating. I started my prescription pills today and so far have felt minimal nausea, but still have little appetite. Not complaining - I will any relief that I can get! Only 3 more weeks until the end of my first trimester, where I hear the fun really begins and I can't wait!
*Note: I did not take this picture, nor does it belong to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment