Thursday, April 26, 2012

10 week count down

I know it's been awhile since I have posted a new picture of myself, and there is a couple of reasons for this:

1. So far, I have put on a little more weight than I would have liked to and it seems to be going to all the wrong places!
2. I'm incredibly lazy.

That's pretty much sums it up. Now that summer is around the corner and warmer weather is already here, the fun effects of water retention are finally starting to settle in in this Nebraska humidity and I feel like I'm starting to look a little less like myself every day. Trust me, I know that "it'll all be worth it in the end" and "it'll go away once you have the baby" yadda yadda yadda...but for now, I just stay clear of mirrors and all cameras. I promise I will muster up the courage to "embrace this 'special' time in my life" and the baby weight that I am putting on and finally take a picture to update you on our little one. Because yes, I know, it's all about the baby anyways.

Since I no longer am doing weekly updates, I figured it would be easiest for myself to continue with previous posts regarding my/baby's stats:

Current Statistics:
Weeks: 30 weeks
Total weight gain: Moving on....
Cravings: Sweets. Deli sandwiches for lunch. Internet says that deli meats are to be a no-no, but my doctor said she isn't too worried about it. Therefore, it's on!
Food aversions: Thankfully, nothing. Or maybe not thankfully. Hmm.
Pregnancy Symptoms: Still have mid back pain, right between the shoulder blades. Foot cramps. Slight water retention.
Stretch Marks: Nothing I'm worried about.
Miss Anything: I never thought I'd say this, but hard work outs. You know, the kind where you just get your butt kicked and your soaking in sweat by the end. Don't quote me on this to remind me later.
Progesterone Levels: Levels have dropped back down, so I'm still on all my progesterone until further notice.
General Mood: Pretty good. I feel I've been lucky this pregnancy to not have been overcome with emotions (crying at the drop of a hat). Although my husband may say I lean a little more towards the bitchy side. I can't deny this statement.
Looking Forward to: My mom coming in a few weeks to start the nursery with me!!!!!

Baby Statistics:
Weight: 2-3 lbs
Length: 15-17 inches
Highlights this week: Baby bean has begun sticking just an arm or leg straight out and leaving it there. It was crazy the first day that I felt a tiny baby foot from the outside of my belly with my hand (I could tell it's a foot by the size). So now this is my favorite game. Feeling around my tummy for little hands and feet. It's a very easy and constant game as bean is always on the move and stretching out in his/her confined space.

Now, it's nothing like this and I don't see any imprints (this is not me in the picture).. Does anyone know if this picture is even real, as in, does this really happen??

Coming up: 30 week appointment tomorrow. Appointments have been moved to every 2 weeks. We're getting close!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment