The week my mom came was a week full of stress, tears, and tons of laughs. Prior to my mom coming, that Monday I was placed on modified bed rest for the week due to my constant lightheadness and new symptom of vomiting. My mom was scheduled to be at our house Tuesday afternoon. She arrived right on time and we wasted no extra minutes! I took her right upstairs to the soon to be nursery and showed her all the baby stuff I had been compiling! Mom had also brought me boxes of clothes she had picked up over the last few months and some of my baby stuff from when I was a newborn. It was so great to have this one on one time with her and catch up on some lost time! The next few days consisted of painting, moving, repainting, store runs, rearranging, organizing, and a lot of mom's cooking! And all of this was done primarily by my mother. I, on the other hand, kept busy laying down, sitting around, and eating.
There's my dear, sweet mom!
Here's me pretending to do work, with my mask. I was forced by my mom to wear this mask if I wanted to be in the baby room while she was painting:(
Now, I don't want to give away too much on what the end product of the nursery looks like, mainly because although all the hard work is done and most of it is put together, the truth is - it is still an unorganized mess of baby clothes, shower gifts, and random items that I have not been able to put away yet. Thankfully my amazing sister in law is planning on coming over to help me in my last minute preparations. Thanks Ellie! When this happens, it will be pictures galore!!!
Now what did I realize during the time my mom was here to spend with me? How much I love and miss my mom. I am one of the lucky few to have such an amazing, open, and loving relationship with my mom. She is truly my best friend above anyone else, and I don't know what I would do without her. I probably talk to my mom on the phone every day and is the one person I know I can count on NO. MATTER. WHAT. I hope she knows how much I look up to her, what an amazing woman she is, and how proud I am to say I am her daughter. Thanks mom for just being you!
No comments:
Post a Comment