Week 7: Plenty of good news. According to our nurses, my bought of morning sickness (which last through the whole day) is actually a good sign. It's a sign that my body and hormones are doing what they are suppose to be doing and morning sickness is actually a sign that my pregnancy is going well. This gives me a short sigh of relief as I am in constant worries of something going wrong in this first trimester.
In other good news, Chris' shot training went very well and is now allowed to give me shots from home. I was very impressed with the lack of pain and discomfort I was in during the whole experience :) Other than that, everything else is about the same. Vomit on the verge every waking hour of the day, the smelling power of a Chesapeake Bay Retreiver, and a bladder the size of a penny. Cravings include salty snacks: crackers and chips. Daily foods that don't upset my stomach include saltines, cottage cheese, pears, and appleseauce. Don't know if I'm proud to say that last night at 9 o'clock was my first run to the store to satisfy a craving that would not go away - for strawberry ice cream. I probably looked a little silly walking in to HyVee in my pj's and walking away with only one pint of strawberry and peach ice cream. I had the guts to park in the 'Expecting Mothers' parking spot closest to the entry, just for fun. Don't know how often I'll actually do that. Feels a little weird.
Little bean is now the super size of a blueberry. Most of the growth in concentrated in the head where brain cells are forming at a rate of 100 per minute. Eyelids are covering my baby's eyes in which they already have color. Baby's mouth and tongue are forming and so are his/her arms and legs. The tail is diminishing and will be completely gone in a few short weeks. Chris and I have our first ultrasound and OB appointment next week. I am very excited and very nervous. I hope everything looks the way it's suppose to!

No comments:
Post a Comment