Wednesday, November 16, 2011

New Development

So, I've been catching up on my reading about what to expect and tips for pregnancy, and there are some things I read that just sound ridiculous, such as some of these crazy symptoms someone may experience when pregnant. Well, starting today (maybe yesterday) I have suddenly obtained the super power of smell. Today at lunch, I was able to identify every coworkers meal choice as soon as it was opened, even though the microwave is 30 ft from me. Scents have become so strong, it's almost overpowering. I have learned the ability to breath through my mouth to avoid sniffing the many smells of the world (lotion, food, hair spray, even the smell of outside). Depending on what mood I'm in, these smells can be dangering. I can say that it definitely does not help a nauseous stomach!

On a different note, tomorrow Chris gets trained on how to give me progesterone shots. I am currently getting 2ml of progesterone twice a week to aid in supporting the growing baby. When getting blood work to confirm my pregnancy, they checked my hormone levels which came back low. So, currently I have to leave work twice a week to get these shots in which Chris will now be able to give me from the comfort from our own home. Needless to say, I don't know how I feel about it, although it will be more convenient. Chris on the other hand, is very excited about it. Then again, he is a medical nerd. I'll fill you in how it goes next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment